Sunday, June 28, 2009

maybe we should rename the blog 50 percent....

So I know this may seem slightly out of character, but recently a customer did something so right that it caught me off guard and I have to mention it. 

This was a table that I had been warned about.  Maybe it's just me, but when I know someone is trouble it can cause me to tense up just a little, and then miscommunications or hostility can ensue.  

So I felt I was potentially taking the highway to the danger zone.  

Well, these folks had all the classic symptoms.  They arrived two at a time for a party of four, and when I greeted the first people they did not require anything from me and had in fact brought their own wine.  They needed the specials repeated to them, they asked me my name, they ordered appetizers but waited to order entrees.  They put their menus on the neighboring table.  They asked for things when I was carrying hot food past them to another table.  It was somebody's birthday.

Through all this I was very nice to them, and while demanding they were not at all unkind to me.

Then, end of the meal, dude leaves a fifty percent tip.  So it just goes to show, sometimes when someone is extra demanding they understand that and actually reflect it in your compensation.

  
Really an affirmation of the human race, I would say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment