Saturday, June 13, 2009

"But I will need my fork for my entree!"

I am a professional.  That means you don't have to worry about whether you will have a fork by the time your entree arrives.  So when I clear your salad plate, and your fork is still on it, and I take the fork with me, please don't point out that you will need it to eat your entree.

I use forks to eat, too.  I know how useful they are.  I am not going to make you eat pasta with your hands and a butter knife.  Just as I will bring you a steak knife if you are eating steak, so I will provide you with every utensil you need to eat whatever it is you are eating.  

We have an entire restaurant's worth of forks!  I take your fork to the kitchen, where a professional dishwasher washes it and sanitizes it, then it rejoins the great ocean of forks that we keep on hand at all times.  Meanwhile, I will be bringing you a clean fork to eat your dinner with, and a clean knife if you have soiled the first one with butter or appetizer.  Now isn't that nice?  

So just relax, you are in good hands.  It is my job to provide you with cutlery, bread, your meal and a pleasant demeanor.  Your job is simple.  Eat your food, enjoy your company, and leave me a twenty percent tip!

No comments:

Post a Comment